Converting Ball Lock to craft keggs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muse435

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I currently have my keezer set up to serve my ball lock kegs full of home brew. I would like to get some local craft brew to have in the keezer and was wondering what i would need to make the conversion. I would like to have the ability to switch back and forth between kegs when needed if at all possible.

My understanding is that all I would need is the appropriate coupler for the style of keg I get and some extra tubing. Correct?

I am sure they are sanke taps. Just buy one and you have the mfl connectors right? Otherwise just remove the corny disconnects with the hose connector and put them on the sanke tap.

Just thought of something, since I have a manifold for my CO2 w/ an "empty" slot in it. I might just put it in the third slot with an on/off valve and hang which ever one is not in use on the side. I currently use picnic taps and those are cheap enough to just get an extra one.

Just thought of something, since I have a manifold for my CO2 w/ an "empty" slot in it. I might just put it in the third slot with an on/off valve and hang which ever one is not in use on the side. I currently use picnic taps and those are cheap enough to just get an extra one.

That's what I do with mine - since I have an extra spot on my CO2 manifold, I just leave it hooked up to my Sankey coupler. You'll still need a way to disconnect the beverage side & hook the beer nut up to the coupler [edit: just saw your note about picnic taps...that makes it even easier].

FWIW, a lot of my local breweries will fill Corny kegs. You might ask yours and see if they'll do the same - for me, it's much easier than dealing with a big Sankey keg.

That's what I do with mine - since I have an extra spot on my CO2 manifold, I just leave it hooked up to my Sankey coupler. You'll still need a way to disconnect the beverage side & hook the beer nut up to the coupler [edit: just saw your note about picnic taps...that makes it even easier].

FWIW, a lot of my local breweries will fill Corny kegs. You might ask yours and see if they'll do the same - for me, it's much easier than dealing with a big Sankey keg.

I'll look into getting one of my kegs filled, thanx for the help.

If you have the funds, it's always handy to have a Sanke tap, just incase your having a party and don't want everyone to drink your precious HB, especially if you have the manifold space.

Latest posts

Back