Just pitched the yeast on brew #2!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kodatech

Reaction score
Just pitched my yeast on a nice Blonde Ale....my S.G. reading just before pitching was 1.070. I am going to leave this one in the primary for a minimum of 3 weeks...even if it is finished fermenting.

Wish me luck!! :rockin:

Oh yeah, I learned some things from my first brew(Scottish Ale) and this second one went a bit smoother. With my first brew I had a hard time getting my wort to boil...Flat top stove... This time I covered the brew until it boiled and only uncovered it to stir every few minutes, and It kept a nice healthy boil, and I didnt carmelize any of the malt!

One thing I MAY have messed up on though, is I transferred the trub into my fermenter, then found AFTERWARDS that I should have avoided that. We will see how it goes.

Covering the BK while bring the water to a boil can be a bad thing. It doesn't allow the chlorine,etc to boil off,but condense & drip back in.

I boiled all the water for about 30 minutes then let it cool off before I started brewing, to rid it of any chlorine or other undesirable flavors.

I boiled it a gallon at a time in a smaller, open container BTW, then transfered it to the BK.

DMS would be your real concern. A good, open boil lets this evaporate off. Hopefully enough of it left while you had the lid off for stirring. I guess time will tell.

Yeah, i will find out. It smelled really good while brewing, and a sample of the wort (from the empty BK AFTER transferring to the fermenter) didn't taste half bad. :)

Back