What music do you listen to while brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rush Limbaugh, so I don't forget to sanitize ( use Oxy....get it?)
Music?
Locksley
Motley Crue
Beatles/Stones/Dave Clark 5
Rev Horton Heat
Various....on Grooveshark.com

IF you jam while brewing?

I survive off Pandora.com and punch in Gov't Mule which makes for a real bluesy/jam band station that carries me through my brew day!

Well, I guess I'm just a stick-in-the-mud! On brew days I usually plug my iPhone into my computer speakers and open up my "Stitcher Radio" application and listen to the Rush Limbaugh podcast. He keeps me both pissed off and laughing for a solid three hours.

I like rocking some old soul/R&B while I brew. Not really sure why...although my brewing buddy, who doesn't even like soul, now requests stuff like Sam Cooke while the boil commences.

gotta give a +1 on that! Love my RnB. Generally though it's whatever im in the mood for at that day. I'm a professional musician, so sometimes it's "work" related listening (ie the score for the next musical im playing in, or a style im going to be working with for a while).

Alot of the time it's Funk, Afrobeat, reggae and jazz. I have a 1000GB hard drive full of music stuff. Generally gets a workout on brew days.

Last brew day was The Mission by Ennio Morricone. Previous to that was The World's Greatest Classical Album - Ever, and previous to that was Pink Floyd's Pulse. I have no idea what I'll be listening to the next time, but it had better be good :D

While I've only made two batch's now, I've gone towards listening to dvd's of bands I've filmed. Melvins, Meat Puppets, big Business, Monotonix.....and on and on. A good heavy groove get's me through a few hot hours in the kitchen.

While I've only made two batch's now, I've gone towards listening to dvd's of bands I've filmed. Melvins, Meat Puppets, big Business, Monotonix.....and on and on. A good heavy groove get's me through a few hot hours in the kitchen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just started brewing, as a matter of fact I just did my first batch yesterday, but I was listening to The Avett Brothers and plan to listen to them on all of my brew days.

lol, must be a common theme. I hadn't even read this thread yet, but on my first batch I had pandora set to flogging molly and music like it.

Here is some more Warren Haynes! Watch from the about the 6:25 mark to about the 7:40 mark - this stuff makes my wort boil if you know what I mean - even Dave turns to his drummer in amazement at about 7:40 :drunk::D

To top it off it's live in central park imagine that scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCiLCo-LoUg

I was at this show...great time.

I almost exclusively listen to the dead, or an off shoot from them. sometimes some phish, and on occasion some miles or trane.

I listen to Sirius Alt Nation, Jam On, The Joint as well as various Pandora stations. Been listening to Yeasayer, Hot Chip, Spoon, and Vampire Weekend a lot lately.

Back