How long does One-Step stay viable?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Focus

Reaction score
Accorind to the DVD instructional manual that Midwest offers, One Step sanitizer can be stored between brew sessions and used over and over again. Does anyone know how long One-step retains it's sanitizing properties after you mix it up?

Does any such documentation exist on how long this stuff reminas good?

If possible, I plan to bottle up the solution in milk/water jugs and use it multiple times. Does anyone else practice this?

thanks,
Focus

I just ran a similar post this weekend. I was told be people on here and other sites to try and limit the length of storage past two weeks or so. I have noticed that my one step became slimmy and did not carb up when I would stir it after about 1 month. Further, I was told that using Star San would last longer and that it will always carbup to let you know its working. I usually mix 5 gallon at a time in a new bucket that I use only for the purpose of sanitizing. I used my one step for about one month but like I said, the slimmy feeling began to worry me.

I never realized you could re-use it more than once. Something to keep in mind.

Back