brew stand build: Need advice on burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BankerJohn

Reaction score
I am now ready to buy burners for a brew cart (3 tier gravity fed) and will need 2 burners. The top tier burner is to heat the Hot Liquor Tank (which is a converted Stainless Keg). The middle tier is a cooler Mash Tun and the bottom tier is a converted keg/boil pot.

Question:
1) Which burner is necessary for each the top and bottom burners? (brand, part numbers, etc are a HUGE help here)

2) When recommending a burner, will I need a High pressure burner or low pressure burner?

3) are both burners the same or is one better than another for each application?

I appreciate the advice and guidance.

Since you're not applying heat directly to the mash, you don't need to be concerned about scorching. As long as you're stirring your boil...that is.

Are you planning on automating this for temp control? If not...high pressure banjo burners are what I'd go with. They're cheaper, and they get the job done without any additional supplies. All you need is a typical propane tank and a high pressure regulator. Agrisupply.com sells them the cheapest I've seen. BG14 is the model #.

I actually used those same burners for my rig and just converted them to low pressure so I could automate.

no, not looking to automate. And the brew cart will have the burners built in, so I am not looking for the stand. I am not using to keep stuff warm... just full blast under a 15.5 gallon keg for the boil pot and 13.5 gallon keg (european) for the HLT. On the HLT, once the water gets to temp, I'm ready to dump into the cooler MT. When it goes into the boil pot, I shouldn't have to worry about scorching the wort since the only additions here would be hops and maybe a honey at flame out.

Back