looking for a good brewery start up book.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohill1981

Reaction score
Hi everyone i am having trouble finding a brewery start up book.. I am looking for a way to familiarize my self with the equipment necessary and how it operates mainly. I have how to brew up a business by Sam Calognes and he mentioned how difficult it is too find books on the subject. He did recommend one but i do not have the book infront of me at the moment and i was hoping some of you could recommend a book that might help me understand the commercial side of brewing a little more in depth... Thanks a bunch!

Are you looking for a general book about brewing - or a book about starting a commercial brewery? Based on your post count, I would assume it's the 2nd, but I thought I would ask.

Are you looking for a general book about brewing - or a book about starting a commercial brewery? Based on your post count, I would assume it's the 2nd, but I thought I would ask.

Sorry yes Commercial brewing

Besides the ones that have already been mentioned Beer School from the guys at Brooklyn Brewery is a good read.

+1 on the book from the Brewer's Association. Lots of good info in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't read it but i would assume there might be some pretty good information in this one.
The Brewers Association's Guide to Starting Your Own Brewery

I read reviews of The Brewers Association's Guide to Starting Your Own Brewery and it seems like most people says the books message is. It is very hard ,but if you work hard you can make it! Im not looking for a pep talk type book im looking for a practical / Technical type of book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back