I love my job (beer "trade" story)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrambledegg81

Flocculation Nation
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So we had a customer come in to the bottle shop I work at tonight with a few hefty cases of 750's he wanted to sell. Obviously we can't do that (illegal in every sense of the word), but we had the guy come back after closing & my boss bought them for cash (for personal consumption, of course).

Long story short, there were several typical brews in the mix like Affligem, Chimay (red, white and blue) and Duvel, but we dug a little deeper and found a few gems such as Deschutes' The Stoic, Allagash Black (the bourbon-aged version) and 2 bottles of Westmalle Real Trappist and 1 Liefmans Goudenband. All in excellent condition & well-aged.

*swoon*

Reminds me of the time about a year ago when I randomly found a 4 pack of 2007 Brooklyn Monster Barleywine at a local deli that has a nice craft beer selection...Can't say it's too often you stumble across a good pre-aged brew like that! Still, it sounds like your find is even more epic! Congrats! (Hope the Boss will share....)

Back