Force Carb then transfer to bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shamrock28

Reaction score
Ive read a few threads about force carbing and then using a beer gun to transfer to bottle so you dont have to wait 3 weeks for the bottles to condition. Can someone explain to me more about this process and how do you still get a great bottled conditioned beer even though your not adding sugar or bottle conditioning for three weeks just by transfering from a keg to a bottle and sealing with a beer gun......

When I've done this, the beer has already "conditioned" in the keg first. I force carb, but set the pressure and leave it alone for 2 or 3 weeks (as opposed to setting it really high, rocking, etc. to try and carb it quickly). So for me, I don't guess it really saves that conditioning time. It's just an easy way to build a quick six pack to take to a friends.

I don't have a beer gun by the way. I basically did this.

I force carb. You still have to condition the beer either way but when you're not adding a whole other miniature fermentation cycle (which is what you're doing to bottle conditioned beer), it doesn't take nearly as long. The beer gun just puts an already-finished product from the keg to the bottle. And it works because the beer gun moves the liquid to the bottle without jarring much of the CO2 out of suspension.

Latest posts

Back