Cheap 88 qt Pot for MLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockytoptim

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting rid of my cooler MLT as I have a HERMS system so a cooler isn't necessary. I saw this pot 88 qt SS Pot and thought about getting it and a false bottom from Jaybird. its only 22 gague SS. Any thoughts or actual experience with this pot?

I currently use copper manifold in my cooler MLT. Is false bottom better, worse or same for stuck sparges?

I was thinking of getting rid of my cooler MLT as I have a HERMS system so a cooler isn't necessary. I saw this pot 88 qt SS Pot and thought about getting it and a false bottom from Jaybird. its only 22 gague SS. Any thoughts or actual experience with this pot?

I currently use copper manifold in my cooler MLT. Is false bottom better, worse or same for stuck sparges?

I am in AHS once a week and grew up in Farmington Hills right by you. Next time I am in there I can check it out and report back. What would you like me to check on it ?

I am in AHS once a week and grew up in Farmington Hills right by you. Next time I am in there I can check it out and report back. What would you like me to check on it ?

Next time your in there check it out and see what you think about the thickness of the pot. 22 gage seems thin but since I am not directly heating it for MLT it might be alright.

How are you adjusting to the hot texas summers?

Next time your in there check it out and see what you think about the thickness of the pot. 22 gage seems thin but since I am not directly heating it for MLT it might be alright.

How are you adjusting to the hot texas summers?

Well, I am actually back in Michigan up north right now and it is hot, sticky and I am sweating. I will be in AHS next week and let you know.

Heading up there right now. Do you still need this info ? Sorry, I was sent out of town for work and havent had time to get up there.

Heading up there right now. Do you still need this info ? Sorry, I was sent out of town for work and havent had time to get up there.

Sorry for the late response I was out of town and no access to the computer. Thanks for the offer but I am going to pass on this at the moment. Thanks again for the offer.

Go Wings.

Back