Holiday awesomeness.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

togabear

Reaction score
Got and installed kegerator, my tower, and tasted my first AG today!!!!

AG was supposed to be Anchor porter, but I knew the OG for the recipe was too low to be Anchor from the start. Its a good beer though, just not Anchor at all-doesnt have that fruity sweetness, but has nice rich flavors though, much dryer too. My personal homebrew favorite so far and will brew again. Also kegged my BBD Chocolate stout today too. And that is delicious too-needs a little longer to age though. Best beer day ever!!!

And yes, my kegerator is on top of my fridge. Thats what happens when you live in a 300 to 400 sq foot apartment with another person. At least I have tall ceilings.

4229355748_26bfc7084f_m.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com
/4070/4228590753_2d2896d614_m.jpg

4229355144_7d4a903c26_m.jpg

wait wait... your kegerator is on top of the fridge and the tower is installed on the countertop??

that is indeed holiday awesomeness...

Can't insulate the lines, unfortunately. I was going to put kegerator under counter originally, but that didn't end up happening. Its about 4 to 5 feet uninsulated and out of the fridge...I'll just slug that back and serve rest of beer once cold stuff starts coming.

Just me, I'd just as soon built a box and put the full size fridge over top the kegorator.

Lifting kegs o'er top a fridge is gonna get old.

You could buy the $0.99 length of water line insulator foam. Comes in lengths of 4-5 feet.

Thats a good idea. I will do that. The connections for joining the tower and the kegs is coming in today, so I am going to stop off at the hardware store and pick some water line foam on the way home.

Just me, I'd just as soon built a box and put the full size fridge over top the kegorator.

Lifting kegs o'er top a fridge is gonna get old.

Its is a freaking pain, but I dont think that would fly with the other person living in my apartment. The tower isn't set up yet as stated above, so I have been serving by getting on a step ladder. Now thats a bigger pain that will end today. haha.

Back