Latest batch, first tasting...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grez

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I haven't posted here in a while but I though I'd let you all know how my latest batch turned out.

In one word: FANTASTIC!

I only brew 1 gallon (8 UK pint) batches due to space limitations in my apartment. I bottle all my beer after primary fermentation.

This is my 4th attempt and it finally worked well. For anyone who struggles with homebrewing, don't give up!

Recipe was as follows:

* 1 lb Dry Amber Malt Extract
* 1 lb Crushed Crystal Malt (steeped)
* East Kent Goldings Hops (2 x 0.5 oz at 30 mins and 15 mins)
* Safale S-04 Yeast

Fermented for approx. 1 week in primary and then bottled and left for 2 weeks.

Opened one last Saturday: Lovely!

Check out my Home Brew Beer Blog for more details.

Thanks for all the wisdom & knowledge sloshing around here.

Grez

Congratualtions!!! Is your 4th attempt at brewing or 4th at a small batch?

5 gal bucket has about the same footprint a gallon container...are you really that cramped? Go verticle!

This is my 4th attempt at brewing. The first 3 were 5 gallon batches that didn't turn out so well. I did these before I moved into my new apartment.

We are pretty cramped but I actually prefer the smaller batch brewing. It's quicker (less water to boil) and I get to do it more often to keep the supply of beer flowing. I'm gonna do another batch in the next week or so.

The thing about space is that it's not just the fermentor that has to be accommodated, you have to take into account space for all the bottles (40 ish (pints)) from a 5 gallon batch. And remember, the fermentor still takes up space even when it's empty...

:mug:

Well, brewing is fun, so if you have to do smaller batches more often, then great!

Congratulations on your beer! Isn't it a great feeling? Cheers!

Back