Calling all keggle users with Banjo burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diatonic

Reaction score
I'm working on mounting 2 banjo burners in my new brew rig, one for HLT and one for BK. They'll be heating converted kegs. Any input on the distance from the top of the burner to the bottom of the skirt of the keg? I think I've heard 4", but thought I'd ask the vast knowledge pool at HBT. :)

I'm working on mounting 2 banjo burners in my new brew rig, one for HLT and one for BK. They'll be heating converted kegs. Any input on the distance from the top of the burner to the bottom of the skirt of the keg? I think I've heard 4", but thought I'd ask the vast knowledge pool at HBT. :)

Ive also read that 4" is a good point for the distance. I too am ready to mount my burners and would like to know the answer or should I said the best possible distance. But 4" sounds about right.

Well, I read Snake10 say 4.5", so I'm starting there. Seems really low, but I'll see when I get mine fired up. This is where it sits at 4.5" down from the top:

7fa8e79b535c79787ef79251020db3a2.jpg

Mine is 3 1/2 from the top of the brew stand. Works ok, a little lower might be better, but not much.

Back