Storing kegs with sanitizer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhatsOnTap

Reaction score
How do you guys store kegs after the beer is gone? I cleaned one yesterday with warm water, rinsed a couple of times, then put a gallon of no-rinse in it (I also cleaned the valves and lid. I left the no-rinse in it after pressurizing with CO2 and blowing some sanitizer thru the valves. My question is will I be good to go if I just blow off the gallon of sanitizer on racking day (6 days from now) and fill with my beer or should I re-sanitize in a week?

WOT

I store my kegs the same way. I give them a good shake and blow out the sanitizer before use. I take advantage of the sanizizer to clean out kegger lines and party taps.

david_42 said:
I store my kegs the same way. I give them a good shake and blow out the sanitizer before use. I take advantage of the sanizizer to clean out kegger lines and party taps.

I was thinking about doing that as well, I'm glad you've had experience in that area. I didn't know if the sanitizer held up for a week in the hole or what. Thanks for the input!

After my kegs are empty :( I sanitize them with a bleach water solution, rinse them and close them up. I then purge them with CO2 and leave them pressurized w/ around 1psi in them.

Latest posts

Back