Low pressure keg leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1GR8DA

Reaction score
I have successfully force carbed two batches. One of my kegs leaks when below about 15psi. As I am new to the keg, I did not use the keg lube on my seals. The kegs are recently purchased from Midwest and the seals are new. Without contaminating the beer, can I take apart the leaking parts (ball lock and one poppet) lube them and reinstall for a better seal? There is no visible damage to any parts and like I said it holds under higher pressure levels.

Sure why not, just wash your hands , maybe spray some star san on the post before. You might try taking the co2 off the keg, pull release valve, then try pushing down on the poppet with a pen, and pushing in some keg lube with you finger. You didn't exactly say where its leaking from?

The reason I ask is, well if it is leaking from the bottom of the post, then yeah you need to disassemble it to get to that oring. If it is the poppet, well when you put the quick disconnect on, it won't matter, since the poppet only gets used when no quick disconnects are connected. Now if the quick disc is leaking , yeah you can take that apart.

Latest posts

Back