• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ebay Stainless Steel Drum?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It probably would work, but that is pretty expensive since it would need work. I can't see from the pictures but the regular steel drums usually have the bottom crimped to connect it to the barrel section. Although it seals fine for transporting liquid I would be wary of boiling in it unless the seam was welded first.

I've used ss drums to make 1.5 bbl batches--work great for a 3 vessel system. These are pricey! Find them on e-bay for under 200 w/o the nice lids. You can make lids out of the tops when you cut them out.

Er, yeah. It's not 55 gallons, but for $20 more than these guys want you can get a 40 gallon (it's listed as a HLT, but would work for a kettle as well) with sanitary fittings, 3/4" sanitary ball valve, from Stout Tanks. (They have bigger ones available too, but don't see a price for 'em)

Given that those drums would easily be knocking on the door of $2,000 for three of them (by the time you add ports and fittings, etc.) I'd absolutely go Stout if I was contemplating a big setup as opposed to these.

Latest posts

Back