Cherry extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hop man

Reaction score
I'm going to make a Cherry Ale and was planning to use a cherry extract flavoring. Has anyone used McCormick cherry flavor extract? If so how was it? Is one extract flavoring better then the others or does it come down to a matter of taste and getting the amount correct?

Are you planning to dose the keg or bottling bucket? I'd pour a pint and add drops until you feel you achieved the character that you were aiming for and then multiply back for the amount to add to the keg/bottling bucket.

My plan was to do as you say. Add to bottling bucket and start small. I can always add more but can't take it out.

From what I'm reading, it seems that most folks are using the fresh fruit or a puree rather then the flavor extracts. The weather is going to keep me from brewing this weekend so I may switch to fresh cherries or a puree. It doesn't seem that anyone has an opinion on whether one brand of extract is better then the others.

Back