Doppelbock Stuck Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mi6op

Reaction score
I brewed 10 gallons on new years day with a OG of 1.071. Aerated with o2 and pitched 3 packs of Wyeast 2206 Bavarian Lager that was also in a 5 L starter. Fermented 3 weeks at 50F and starting tuesday I brought it up to a 60 diacetyl rest for 3 days. Just checked gravity and it is 1.029. So I shook the **** out of it getting all the yeast off the bottom and sat it in a closet upstairs ~70*f.

What are your thoughts fellas. Should I stop at my homebrew shop and grab another pack of 2206 to finish this guy off or any other ideas?

Is that stuck or just done? Whats your current attenuation %

I don't know how to tell a difference off hand. but wyeast site has attenuation at 73-77%. so if I could assume 75% attenuation that would leave me at a finish gravity of 1.018. So I"m about 10 points away from where I would like.

I may have mashed too high with the peak getting to 158- though it took a long time for the mlt burner to get there. Has anyone ever fooled with amylase?

Back