Experimenting With Inkscape

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sakeyfour

Reaction score
I was experimenting with Inkscape and wanted feed back on first label.

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/sakeyfour/s-33label.png

It is intentionally black and white and I need to add reference to where I got the art (hopefully I can find it again). Latter ones will have color.

The top part gets cut and wraps around neck. Bottom is for the lower bottle. My daughter loves fairies and I am going to try to theme all my labels.

ABV: DWB (drinking while brewing - means I don't remember and did not feel like figuring it out)

Looks good. I can't quite make out the image there, but it's intriguing enough to keep my attention. I am a fan of pencil sketches and the like.

Looks good. I might suggest changing the name to "Faerie" just because I like the old school and
broader reference to all mythical creatures and peoples as opposed to flying pixies.

You could perhaps vectorize the drawing and see how that looks. "Path>trace bitmap" then you
wouldn't have to cite to the artist.

s-33label.png

Also, take a look at http://www.fonts4free.net/ to find some interesting fonts. IMO papyrus (in general) gives things an amateur look because it is a stock windows font that gets way overused.

With a whimsical theme a more scrolling or fanciful font would make more sense to me than the san-serif font you have used.

Don't take any of this as abuse. I like your label. I just really appreciate people giving actual feedback on my labels so I like to return the favor.

:mug:

Thanks for the feed back. I found a few fonts that are better I agree. I also found a font for a label for the graff I am fermenting.

Back