Death by Sexy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwAMi75

Reaction score
I hereby declare today "Death by Sexy" Day.

eodm1.jpg

I really haven't had a chance to listen to it enough today. I'm leaning towards the first effort as being better. I'm sure it'll grow on me more though.

I do know however, that this is going to be 1 awesome CD to have going during brewday. :rockin:

So far #6 and # 1 are my faves, I like "Ballad of Queen Bee and Baby Duck" for some strange reason..... :rolleyes:

I'll tell ya, blasting #1 with the top down on the Jeep---life doesn't get much better than that.... :) I had a "moment" on the way home from work today... :)

Dude said:
So far #6 and # 1 are my faves, I like "Ballad of Queen Bee and Baby Duck" for some strange reason..... :rolleyes:

I'll tell ya, blasting #1 with the top down on the Jeep---life doesn't get much better than that.... :) I had a "moment" on the way home from work today... :)

Im going to buy this cd, it better be good! I saw 'queens' a few times, theyre pretty good, so...

Bjorn Borg said:
Im going to buy this cd, it better be good! I saw 'queens' a few times, theyre pretty good, so...

I hope you're prepared to dip the boogie into the fukkin' woogie, man. :D

Basically, they're really raw, kinda like White Stripes, although this CD is much more polished that their first one, "Peace, Love, and Death Metal". That one is awesome, but might be a little too rough around the edges for some.

Check it out, and let us know what you think. Or surf around, and check out some samples.

Bjorn Borg said:

I'd actually recommend picking up Peace, Love, Death Metal first. It is a super CD.

Unless of course your local store has a deal on the new release this week, then buy both. :)

I actually am getting a late Kyuss/early queens vibe from the new disc. Lots more production on this one too, which is a bad thing. Not as raw. Crapload of layered guitar work, and it is obvious to me on some songs.

SwAMi75 said:
I hope you're prepared to dip the boogie into the fukkin' woogie, man. :D

Basically, they're really raw, kinda like White Stripes, although this CD is much more polished that their first one, "Peace, Love, and Death Metal". That one is awesome, but might be a little too rough around the edges for some.

Check it out, and let us know what you think. Or surf around, and check out some samples.

Dude said:
I'd actually recommend picking up Peace, Love, Death Metal first. It is a super CD.

Unless of course your local store has a deal on the new release this week, then buy both. :)

I actually am getting a late Kyuss/early queens vibe from the new disc. Lots more production on this one too, which is a bad thing. Not as raw. Crapload of layered guitar work, and it is obvious to me on some songs.

LOL...i think we are on the same wavelength.... :rockin:

Dude said:

I think Nick will like "Queen Bee and Baby Duck". :D

snif, sniffle, snif

Some where along the way I have gotten old and out of touch, I have no idea what the hell any of you are talking about, well mostly I don't have any idea, I do have a few White Stripe in my collection...

Hey anybody hear that new... oh hell, forget it...

sniffle, snif, sniffle

Brewpastor said:
snif, sniffle, snif

Some where along the way I have gotten old and out of touch, I have no idea what the hell any of you are talking about, well mostly I don't have any idea, I do have a few White Stripe in my collection...

Hey anybody hear that new... oh hell, forget it...

sniffle, snif, sniffle

I'm pretty much out of touch, too, but I knows what I like, and these guys rock. :D

Something I love about new CDs coming out, is it forces me to revisit the other CDs from the band as well. This latest EODM disc even had me breaking out early QOTSA today, as well as Peace, Love and Death Metal.

I came real close to buying an EODM T-shirt too but they are kind of over-priced.

Back