$13 Natural Gas Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickH

Reaction score
So I uploaded the video to youtube. Probably can do a little better tweaking but happy with it so far. This is the $12.99 burner from Academy Sport and Outdoors(King Kooker 6" Low-Pressure Replacement Burner). Bought two and one had a crack in the casting. They are replacing it without hassle so I am happy with them. Don't have a stand to test it with the keggle yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
When money will allow the plan is to setup a stand for 2 burners useing strut, have two electric valves and a basic pilot light. Nothing but the cheapest for this build. :D

When money will allow the plan is to setup a stand for 2 burners useing strut, have two electric valves and a basic pilot light. Nothing but the cheapest for this build. :D

Just cause it's cheap, doesn't mean it's not good.

This is true. The quality really is good on these. I have a problem with leaving anything alone so in this case I drilled each of the burner holes at 1/8" which is just barely above what they already are. The orifice I did at 9/64. To be totally honest that was going really big I think and the next one I may tone down both. I am running blue without an air shutter as its the only way it can really breathe. That said, it runs perfect with it at all times and I have it sitting to the side incase I need it. The flame does go yellow right now when its on. Knowing I am on a tight budget and so many more are too I try to make cheap projects. This can be mounted on a used deep fryer base and she will work like a charm. For those with only a few things available. The 1/8" bit can be used on the oriface and burner withouout buying another bit too. Try it that way, and if the oriface is too small then just rotate that 1/8" bit in the orface to enlarge and work slowly and test until the flame is right. A $13 burner and a single drill bit can make this work so really low budgets are attainable.

I have a similar burner. It sure looks dangerous with the huge flame near all that flammable, fire hazard debris laying around though! Take care and happy brewing

Lol, I had a fire extinguisher close. :) Beside me infact. That video was one of two times I fired it up. She was firmly planted and other than two items on the floor the rest is sheet metal. I needed a test run to know that it would work though. Next order of business.... Getting all the stuff out of the garage!

Latest posts

Back