Bottling 1st beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livingart

Reaction score
I sampled my saison reject that's been on Brett. for 8-9 months and it's ready for the bottle.
I'm going to do 750 Belgians wih corks and cages.
Any recommendations on priming sugar rates? The beer is around 1.003-4 from an OG of 1.072.
Thanks,
J

I was thinking 3 to 3.5 but was unsure on the reyeasting. Any idea on how much yeast, most champagne packs are 5 grams. Will the residual Brett. be enough to carbonate with the additional sugar?
Thanks!

I recommended 3.5 as for some reason I recall to go a bit heavy on aged beers. I think I read somewhere that over time more co2 comes out of solution in the beer, so you overcompensate a bit. So I think if you do 3.5 you might end up near 3? I could be wrong on this and remembering it incorrectly (hopefully not opposite!), but either way 3.5 is nice if there is no drop.

The previous brett may be enough, but I wouldn't take the chance, hate for the beer to end up flat. You could pitch more brett if you wanted.

If you use the dry champagne yeast, a half packet should be fine.

With how expensive Brett is champagne might be the better choice. Thanks for your help.

Back