Hello from Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cj8scrambler

Reaction score
I'm a brand new brewer from the Chicago area (actualy Oak Park). I got a Mr. Beer kit for xmas from the in-laws. The kit failed miserably with no signs of life after the yeast was added. However the kit got me intersted in the process.

I've ordered a bucket starter kit from Northern Brewer with 2 recipes in hopes of producing something drinkable. I spent a slow week at work reading through the forums and learning about the everything. The 'DIY Projects' area is my favorite. I plan to start with extract brewing and bottle carbonating, then move to kegging and eventually move to all grain. I hope to build the system myself as much as possible.

Once I have something worth sharing with others, I'll probable create a webpage to chronicle my work as I have for my other hobbies (Jeeps and Arcades). I look forward to asking and learning from the forum.

-Doug

Welcome! As you have already found out, there is a wealth of information here. You are going to be drinking great home brew before you know it. :mug:

davidkrau said:
Welcome. I'm from Mount Prospect. If you need any help emai me at

David

Bad idea to post your e-mail addy. But it's great to know there's another guy from my Hood!! Where in Mt Prospect are you?

davidkrau said:
I'm on S George St,- Between NW Highway and Central.

David

I'm right by Woodfield Mall, on Schaumburg and Meacham.

Rdwj, Rhoobarb and I were toying with the idea of joining or starting a brewclub. Right now, we're jokingly calling it SNIZZLE, but it'd be cool to get together a real group. Any interest in hanging out with some white, middle-age, overweight alcoholics?

Back