Franken-Boil Kettle prototype?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daphatgrant

Reaction score
I'll let the picture do most of the talking but what would your thoughts be on creating a whirlpool by running the wort out of the pot into a pump and back into the pot through 1 or more strategically placed "nozzles" inside of the pot? I'd think that if you aimed the "nozzle(s)) at the side of the pot that it would force the wort to start spinning?

Meanwhile you could run water through your immersion chiller and cool the wort while the whirlpool would be stirring the wort to get a more uniformed cool.

Any thoughts? The way I have it now it would require a number of holes to be drilled into the kettle which while isn't ideal it is't necessarily a deal breaker if it all worked out and was functional.

I currently run my wort out of the spigot on my kettle, through a pump, through my CFC and back into my kettle (using a diptube that I can adjust)

I'm not seeing a big difference here. I could do the same thing with an IC in the kettle, and many people do.

I'll let the picture do most of the talking but what would your thoughts be on creating a whirlpool by running the wort out of the pot into a pump and back into the pot through 1 or more strategically placed "nozzles" inside of the pot? I'd think that if you aimed the "nozzle(s)) at the side of the pot that it would force the wort to start spinning?

Meanwhile you could run water through your immersion chiller and cool the wort while the whirlpool would be stirring the wort to get a more uniformed cool.

Any thoughts? The way I have it now it would require a number of holes to be drilled into the kettle which while isn't ideal it is't necessarily a deal breaker if it all worked out and was functional.

Yeah, I think lots of people do exactly what you've sketched/described, except it really only takes one return nozzle to accomplish it.

EDIT to add, this is my set up except my return nozzle is in the lid of my kettle.

Back