External kegerator tap cleaning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UTDoug

Reaction score
I've had a kegerator w/ 6' pony taps that I leave inside the kegerator. I think it would be kind of slick to have a tower or some taps in the door, but I don't want to have anything else to clean ... too much sanitation in brewing as it is! I like being able to throw the picnic/pony taps in the fridge and not worry about them - how much extra cleaning is involved with external taps?

Thanks!

go for forward seal faucets, and you shouldn't really have to clean them. i don't. haha.

How often do you draw a pint? I usually have one with dinner and use more frequently with company. I would think that could make a difference.

A quick spray of Star-San up into your forward sealing faucet (Perlick, Shirron) after each serving session will keep it squeeky clean for the life of the keg. I only remove them from the shanks to clean them after a keg kicks.

Back