Cheap score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Dtrain

Reaction score
I was rummaging through my local habitat for humanity restore today and found a 50' roll of 3/8 OD copper for $10! I bought it but at this point don't have a specific use for it. I already use a CFC.

Since I have a keggle (and 2 sankes that will be converted to keggles soon) I thought about using the copper to make a coil so that I can convert to a HERMS system eventually.

They also had several rolls of 1/4" OD (50') but I couldn't think of a use for those at this point.

I'm green with envy. I've been scouring all over for a cheap source for copper tubing.

Congrats on the find, i'm sure you'll find use for it soon...

The 1/4 inch would be great for cooling long beer lines in a kegorator setup. Hell, you could run a line through a wall for 25 feet to a hidden tap by your favorite chair, just run a pond pump in a bucket of water in the kegorator to push the cold water through the line, keeping the beer line cool...

Back