Keeping Cool in Miami

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberChris

Reaction score
What's up guys. While most of you may be enjoying some colder weather and even snow during the winter, here in Miami highs are still in the 80's. So while most of you are wondering how to heat your fermentors, I'm asking how to keep it cool. It cost way too much money to keep the air conditioning on all day as is the same to keep your heaters on all day, up north. My temps keep ranging in 76F 78F and I'm desperate to cool it down to the 72-74 the highest. I've heard wet t-shirts....Any ideas to help a man out??:confused:

I'm really hating you right now.

Edit: sorry I kinda forgot to help you out. You could try placing your primary into a larger container of some sort and filling that container with water and some ice. Putting a wet t-shirt over the primary would also help.

I'm in the same boat here in south Texas. Right now I am working on a temp controller for an extra fridge I have. As soon as I have that working, I'll be starting my first run.

Simpleton

Here in Lakeland I am using the wet t shirt and fan . On the warmest days I can keep temps between 70-72F. On the cooler days I cut the air off to my spare room (aka The Brewery) and am able to maintain 64-68F. It is a cheap way to the problem and temps while not ideal for all styles, are at least consistent. I brewed a Pilsner during the recent cold snap, while not award winning it is delicious.

Latest posts

Back