shopping online

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeekysheep

Reaction score
there are lots of sites to shop online, but i was wondering what are your opinions on the.

cost/quality/delay/support

i would like to book make some of the good sites

Of all off the sites that I've ordered from I would recommend austinhomebrew.com and thegrape.net above all others.

Austin Homebrew Supply is one of the best.

Other than that Midwest Supplies is another good one.

Also Northern Brewer is real good too.

can't go wrong wit the three above. though i will say you can find some great deals with Austin HOmebrew Supply at times. i'm on their mailing list, and got an email about free shipping when i spent over $49...or something like that.

the only downside i see from any of the online places is ordering liquid yeast. my order from Austin to here in Louisvilly, KY a few weeks back, my yeast was pretty warm, and the ice pack was warm. but i normally dont order liquid yeast in the summer, i'll buy a bunch at a LHS that i use to live by when i'm home visiting with the rents.

Whoever has the things I need and/or the best bottom-line price gets my order.
That said, most of my orders go to Midwest Supplies, with AHS a close second.
After that it's MoreBeer.com. (MoreBeer used to be the only place to get Pale Chocolate malt, but I see that AHS is now carrying it).

WilliamsBrewing.com is another one I use from time to time.

I've yet to order from Northern Brewer as their prices are usually higher than the others.

All shops mentioned in this thread are really great shops, but choose one that's closer to you so that your orders get to you sooner. Half of my orders come from morebeer.com since they're close to me and even with regular shipping, my orders take a day or two to get here. I do a lot of shopping with Austin Homebrew when it doesn't matter how quickly my stuff gets here. I buy most of my kegging equipment from Midwest Supplies because they have the cheapest prices when you take in cost of shipping into consideration.

Having been to Austin Homebrew and talking to some of the guys in the store, I have an unfair bias to say that they are the best, but they are... You might find some places cheaper for ingredients, etc, however having seen how clean their storage is kept I would trust them over others.

Back