Build Issue - Help Troubleshoot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jschnyderite

Reaction score
I'm building a keezer. I plan on routing my beer lines through a hole in the top but built a collar anyway so I can fit another keg on my compressor hump.

Unfortunately, the collar is only 3" which didn't bring my hinges up high enough to completely clear the freezer. closed flush, the top screw would go into the middle of the 1x4, and the other would go into the freezer (1/4" or so above the top hole of where the hinge originally sat).

I don't want to hit a coolant line..do they generally run up that high? I'm within an inch of the top of the freezer...and would drill 1/4 inch up from where factory holes are. Think I'm safe? any way to check? if not, any ideas for dropping my collar 1/4" once it is mounted to my freezer? I don't think planing is accurate enough to get a good seal.

you're likely safe around the factory holes - they don't want to take a chance either... just don't stray too far.

Back