SWMBO brews for me, I am blessed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkreuze

Reaction score
I have this great technique for brewing --

I pour myself a homebrew and sit on the couch, or play Starcraft 2, and my girlfriend brews beer for me! She doesn't even drink beer, but she likes to brew. We did brew 10 gallons of cider recently, which she is pretty into, but the beer is all for me.

And this weekend, she brewed twice! A double IPA and an alt.

It's okay to hate me :)

Wow. As much as I love the actual process of brewing and wouldn't ever give it up, I gotta say...good for you man! :rockin:

Well, I do add hops once in awhile. Today I was installing baseboard molding, though.

Yeah, brewing would have been a lot more entertaining.

hah, in the "similar posts" part at the bottom of this page, the top listed was "how to get better head on brews".....

if you can combine these 2... well..... good for you my friend.... :ban::ban:

Does she fetch you beer during the brew day while you're on the couch also?

Yessir, she sure does! She also (on occasion) tells me to get up off my ass and go get some stuff done around the house, but brew day is a happy time.

Can't wait for football season! Do some brewing, watch some football, good times.

This quote is totally worth it here:

Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer. - Beer Advocate

Yessir, she sure does! She also (on occasion) tells me to get up off my ass and go get some stuff done around the house, but brew day is a happy time.

Can't wait for football season! Do some brewing, watch some football, good times.
Sounds like the SWMBO will have and awesome day. More baseboards for you? :D

This quote is totally worth it here:

Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer. - Beer Advocate

No need to call me an assclown by extension, I didn't do anything bad to you. :(

I brew a few times a month but sometimes my girlfriend takes over the manual labor so I can relax. I think it's very nice of her, and she likes brewing as much as I do. I am not sure why you would want to rag on a beautiful thing like that.

Depressing

Apologies, jkreuze, was posting that in jest. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

I'd love to have someone help with my brewing, but my current "assistants" are my niece and nephew, aged 1 and 3.5 years of age, and so aren't good at much more than "What that?".

No worries man! Yeah, maybe not a good idea to get the toddlers into brewing beer. I can only imagine the carnage if I knew how to brew high gravity ale in junior high :mug:

If it's just me and her in the house -- she might be brewing naked. I can't say either way, but this thread is titled ". . I am blessed."

That's what we want to hear, right? :fro:

But really though, if you're brewing you need to at least wear shoes. Hot wort is hot. A spilled pot of wort on your feet is gonna be some serious pain.

Safety first.

If it's just me and her in the house -- she might be brewing naked. I can't say either way, but this thread is titled ". . I am blessed."

That's what we want to hear, right? :fro:

again, pics or it didn't happen! :D

But really though, if you're brewing you need to at least wear shoes. Hot wort is hot. A spilled pot of wort on your feet is gonna be some serious pain.

Safety first.

This is true. I know from first hand experience....:eek:

You have to take pictures. This is the newest craze. See howardstern dot com for a pic of Howard's SWMBB Beth-O

That's SWMB-Banged for those who didn't figure it out. What a rich, lucky guy Stern is.

I pour myself a homebrew and sit on the couch, or play Starcraft 2, and my girlfriend brews beer for me! She doesn't even drink beer, but she likes to brew. We did brew 10 gallons of cider recently, which she is pretty into, but the beer is all for me.

Pics or it didn't happen.

At this point in the thread:

TTIWWOP Smiley.jpg

You better marry that Woman!!!!!!

Man, lucky bastard! And I was just happy that mine is cool with me spending time and money on my hobby. Not to mention the corner of the basement I've claimed for brewing.

Wanted: woman with own brewery. Please send picture of brewery.

Your girlfriend, I suspect, is one of a kind.

Back