First Time Kegger NEED HELP!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charmcitybeerman

Reaction score
Hello All, so I'm pretty new to homebrew. Just finished a bar in my basement so I decided I wanted to keg my next batch. Made a Brewers Best Red ale extract kit. Got a homebrew keg setup offline. Now for my questions. #1. The regulator that came with the set up was brand new. But the gauge that reads how much air is in the tank is in the red like the tank is empty when in fact it is full. Bad regulator?? Now I tried to read up on how to force carb a homebrew. I got the keg to 25ish PSI and let it sit in the fridge for about 2 days. Then I dropped the psi to 10 and let it sit for a week. Right now it just has the picnic tap attached (havent hooked up through my tower yet) and all Im getting is a ton of forced foam. After reading on here I purged the CO2 in the tank and dropped down to about 3 psi. Waited 2 days. Still high pressure.Foam. Apparently I overcarbed th beer. How do I fix it?? THanks in advance.

As far as I know. Not having had the pleasure yet. Everything I've read said to release the pressure a few times a day a few days till your either at a drinkable co2 level or wind up back at flat beer and set and forget about it for a couple weeks. I usually force carb 30PSI @40 12-18hrs then drop it to serving pressure 12PSI and usually have decently carbed beer in 5-6days. There is many different ways people will force carb ask 5 homebrewers get 20answers. Good luck with your carb issue. Wish I ha better advice to offer.

Back