Recycled Newbie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopdawg

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Well, dog gone I finally get to post a message, its been killing me. I was stuck in cyberspace for a few weeks while the site host cleaned up my problems (or at least those dealing with me posting a message).
I'm a recycled new brewer. 20 years ago I built half a dozen kits and 3 or 4 AG batches but didn't have a freakin clue what I was doing. Fast forward 20 years. I move to a small far and away town where I don't have a good liquor store selection and worse no brew pub. Our local pub thinks Rickards Red or Sleemans are craft beers.:eek:
So what's a man of discerning taste to do...........build you own beer of course.
Not being timid I launched right into AG brewing. Since Christmas I've brewed a two IPAs and two German Lagers (they're chillin out in the garage, Canada's a convenient place to brew Lagers) and I have a Guinness draft clone in the primary foaming like mad as we speak.
I have a great supply of malt, I live literally five minutes from Gambrinus Malting Company and I grow my own hops and grapes and watermellons...........hmmmmm a watermellon wheat beer, interesting!
Gadgets to date amount to a converted Coleman cooler for mashing, a propane fired outdoor burner (awesome, cooking on the stove top sucks!), a cooper tubing wort cooler and a square clear plastic tub to rest my trub (see pic).
Happy brewing guys.

CIMG4232.jpg

Thanks guys.
I have six styles on the go right now in various states, two of which are ready to guzzle. Waiting for this Guinness clone is like waiting for Christmas, its taking soooo long and I'm only at day 6 in the primary.

Latest posts

Back