• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stainless RIMs Heater

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohio-Ed

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I’m thinking about selling the original RIMs Heater I built based on SawDustGuy’s design.
I’ve used it maybe 5 or 6 times and it has worded flawlessly.

I’m considering selling it because I was a Beta tester of Derrin’s TriClover version and don’t really need 2 RIM’s heaters and Derrin’s is shinier ;)

I’m trying to see if there is any interest from anyone that may be thinking of building their own.
I’ve got about $125 in materials in the heater not counting shipping or miscellaneous bits.

Some details:
2” diameter stainless steel
1500W LD Heating Element
¼” fpt in the end to acccept your temp probe (the brass in the pictures will be removed).
½” brass barb input/output fittings (the polycarbonate qd’s in the pictures will be removed)

Some pictures:
RIMS.jpg

RIMS-2.jpg

RIMS-3.jpg

Ed

I might be interested. Is it a 120V element or a 240V?

Also how much are you looking to get out of it? :mug:

NewBeerGuy,

The element is 120v, 1500w.

I have about $125 in material not counting shipping and miscellaneous stuff.

I'd like to get the cost of the material back, but make an offer if you're interested.

Thanks,

Ed

Damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back