What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally awesome surprise package from @RevKev!
20190117_154557.jpeg

A great book
I've been reading it a few pages (binge) every day since it came. Its been raining non-stop , waiting on a Hef to ferment out and Im off work a little while so I have plenty of time to read up .I'm already past the water chapter . I'm finding a lot more in depth information than "Joy of Home Brewing- Papazian." Had I read this first, Id probably feel like it was above my head. Now that Ive got some brewing experience and know most procedures and terms, its a great book to step up on formulas and getting to know more than just the basics. I would definitely recommend this to add to every brewers library, no matter what their current brewing skill level. Never stop learning.

The 20 gallon jacketed conical finally showed up today! Brewers Hardware quality is unbelievable. Recently received the penguin chiller & 30 gal Spike kettles. Hoping to brew soon.
901574D5-DC7D-4838-BF55-A777E97B8D53.jpeg
7FF7EEB8-59C9-4EC5-B3BD-23A480042DAD.jpeg
8E786008-D21A-4F98-9D53-5E70D6418AA2.jpeg

Attachments

• 5C2B4465-D338-4A12-BE75-3CA5065FF4EA.jpeg
    5C2B4465-D338-4A12-BE75-3CA5065FF4EA.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 75
Ingredients for12 gallon batch of Rye KY Common, New thermometer, and bottle caps. Now I just need it to be above freezing for awhile to brew!

Had a giftcard from xmas so i used it and bought a new ph meter (since mine is at the end of its life, i think) , some spray bottles for sanitizer, and rubber gloves. Never had an infection but i had $6 left over and figured I'd give the gloves a try for brew days. View attachment 608973
I've got the same pH meter and it works good. I calibrate before every brew, and it lines up very well with bru'n water predictions, save for a couple anomalies.

I've got the same pH meter and it works good. I calibrate before every brew, and it lines up very well with bru'n water predictions, save for a couple anomalies.
I also have the same meter. It works great. I also use it for my hydroponic cannabis setup daily. cheers

IMG_3925.JPG

Since @TBC showed his, I’ll show mine! [emoji6][emoji6]
I would say I hope you enjoy them but I already know the answer! Haha Especially since I know I’ll enjoy mine!
Thanks again for meeting up to trade beers, grab a bite to eat (sucks eating alone all week) and of course talking beer!
@imasickboy I’ll try to figure out a way to swing by and do the same with you one of these trips.
Time for bed!

I forgot to mention @TBC gave me a few of his home brews too! I’ll post pics when I drink them in the near future.
Thanks @jimyson! Maybe some day I’ll make it out your way & we can do the same thing. We have kicked around the idea of doing a weekend trip to the Columbus zoo.

I forgot to mention @TBC gave me a few of his home brews too! I’ll post pics when I drink them in the near future.
Thanks @jimyson! Maybe some day I’ll make it out your way & we can do the same thing. We have kicked around the idea of doing a weekend trip to the Columbus zoo.

Do it! I have the membership over there so anytime, we’ll meet you with the kiddos.

I'm in Monterey, and all you folks are talking about Maryland, Pennsylvania and Ohio. Y'all drunk?
I'm in SoCal but we've been up to your area for the aquarium... if someone close to Russian River offered to trade while i'm up there I would bring a good stock from down here on the ride. Just sayin, a good beer exchange is nbd especially when it's along an already planned route.

Good for you guys for trading without mail couriers.

I'm in SoCal but we've been up to your area for the aquarium... if someone close to Russian River offered to trade while i'm up there I would bring a good stock from down here on the ride. Just sayin, a good beer exchange is nbd especially when it's along an already planned route.

Good for you guys for trading without mail couriers.

Couple of Bay Area guys

Back