Off Topic Banter in Evan !s Sampling and Critiquing thread.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El_Borracho

Reaction score
Mrk305, sounds local.. You in Miami bro? Looking for local brewers...I'm not a very social cat.. But it would be nice to swap info on local spots and maybe get a group buy or whatever..

Evan! How do I get in on the swap!? I can buy you some Sam Adams Oktoberfest if ya like :D Or maybe some Frakenskanker (lol), or Moosbacher? I need to get my brew on.. That cappuccino stout sounds ace.

You do technical work? You seem like a computer income funded kinda guy..

El_Borracho said:
Evan! How do I get in on the swap!? I can buy you some Sam Adams Oktoberfest if ya like :D Or maybe some Frakenskanker (lol), or Moosbacher? I need to get my brew on.. That cappuccino stout sounds ace.

The "Official" Beerswap was organized some time ago, so you won't be able to get in on this round. Actually I think the general beerswaps are restricted to paying members only, but I do "private" swaps with other members here and there as well. Have you brewed anything yet? I'd be up for swapping, but I prefer homebrew---I work part time at a local fine wine/beer shop that was named one of the top 70 beer retailers in the country by AAB, and our selection is crazy...so, like I said, I prefer trying other people's homebrew. If you wanna wait till you have some in bottle, that'd be fine with me. Just PM me.

I guess you could consider architecture "technical work" on some level. I do write very technical specs for my buildings, and put together some very technical details. But I'm not in IT, no.

That's cool I plan to be a paying member next year, and also have some brews under my belt. I'll see if I'm up and running and sign up for next years.. Or a private one..

Architecture seems like a fun deal in the right place..

Thanks bro!

El_Borracho said:
Mrk305, sounds local.. You in Miami bro? Looking for local brewers...I'm not a very social cat.. But it would be nice to swap info on local spots and maybe get a group buy or whatever..

Not local. I went to junior high and high school in For Lauderdale, but moved to the Atlanta area in '73. I don't even say bro' anymore. Next time we go to Miami for a cruise out of Port Everglades we could do a beer swap with y'all. < (new Georgia accent)

mrk305 said:
Not local. I went to junior high and high school in For Lauderdale, but moved to the Atlanta area in '73. I don't even say bro' anymore. Next time we go to Miami for a cruise out of Port Everglades we could do a beer swap with y'all. < (new Georgia accent)

I go up to Swainsborough (deer, random shooting, atv'ing) and Savannah (family/friends) a few times a year..

I'm down for a swap! I gotta get my brew on first!

That Cappuccino Stout sounds ace..

That Cappuccino Stout sounds ace..

It was seriously good. I realy like strong black coffee, and of course, beer. Imagine a perfectly balanced black stout flavored with a bunch of rich black espresso. Blew me away.

I also got beers in the swap form Proffesor Frink. The pumpkin ale was amazing.

I was lucky to get Evan and Frink in the swap. I have only been making homebrew since April, so I have only been drinking homebrew since May. Maybe with a few more years of practice and reading I can get close to their level.

What does one have to do to be on Evan!'s list? Does it involve anything sexually deviant? Because there are many things that I would be willing to do to try some of those beers, but I don't think I would go that far :cross:

fightguy said:
What does one have to do to be on Evan!'s list? Does it involve anything sexually deviant? Because there are many things that I would be willing to do to try some of those beers, but I don't think I would go that far :cross:

There are actually a couple more forum sections on HomeBrewTalk that are only available to paid members. In one of these sections they announced the beer swap. Anyone willing to ship out beers to three people would be put on the list to get beers from three different people. Then, as you can see, we posted out critiques of them in this section.

mrk305 said:
There are actually a couple more forum sections on HomeBrewTalk that are only available to paid members. In one of these sections they announced the beer swap. Anyone willing to ship out beers to three people would be put on the list to get beers from three different people. Then, as you can see, we posted out critiques of them in this section.

Ya, but beng sexually deviant would certainly help get you on the list, too.

Back