Matching a Brew to a Name...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gratus fermentatio

Reaction score
OK, a buddy of mine raises rabbits & one of his does had a litter a couple of weeks ago. Now the baby bunnies are furry & have opened their eyes, they're getting curious & starting to hop around a bit.

So I took my niece over to see the baby bunnies, cuz little girls just LOVE baby bunnies, and while looking & petting & holding some of the bunnies, she made the comment "I like the chubby bunny." There was 1 bunny that was a bit chubby.

I thought "Chubby Bunny" was a great name for some sort of beer, wine or mead, but I'm not sure just what. So now, after several beers & some rum, I turn to you. All of you. What sort of beverage is worthy of & is fitting for the name "Chubby Bunny?" Complete with a pic of the baby bunny on the label.
I'll leave this in your capable hands.
Regards, GF.

Would rhyming be too silly? Maybe a honey wheat called "Chubby Bunny Wheat and Honey."

That really is an awesome idea! You know, funny thing is, my buddy, his wife & even me have been calling the mommy & daddy bunnies "Mr. Hunnybunny" or Mrs. Hunnybunny."

Unless somebody else comes up with a better idea & I think that's going to be tough to beat, we've got a winner!
Thanks JonM! :mug:
Regards, GF.

Hasenpfeffer Hefe

Bunny Pelt Pale Ale

Often-considered-a-rodent-but-not-really-a-rodent Rye

All good alternate names. For a label with Chubby Bunny, I suggest you do a google search for playboy bunny fail... I'm sure something will pop up to support your name.

Just to butt in here: chubby bunny "was" a "game" middle schoolers "played: back when I was in high school (read: a long time ago) where you would shove your face full of as many marshmallows as possible and try to recite a rhyme which involved chubby bunnies. The person who could communicate the rhyme with the most marshmallows in their head won.

I don't remember the rhyme, but the beer should be marshmallowy sweet to honor all those that died of marshmallow asphyxiation in the early 2000's.

Still, "Chubby Bunny Wheat and Honey" is the most adorable beer name perhaps ever invented.

Ya, out of curiosity I googled the term "chubby bunny" & saw that game; I never would've heard about it otherwise. There's also a website that sells tshirts & such called chubby bunny & another that didn't sound worksafe.
If it's not raining or snowing tomorrow, I'll go shoot some photos of the chubby little bunnies for use on a label.
Regards, GF.

Back