Did 3rd batch today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billymeter

Reaction score
Well, I got my third batch under my belt today. I made the Bavarian Hefeweizen kit from Northern Brewers. This was also my first time using liquid yeast and making a starter. I hope I don't get much lag time. My other two batches used dry yeast and I started getting heavy activity in the air lock within 12 hours both times.

My very first batch of also a Hefe, I wasn't pleased with the results. My second batch was a Pale Ale (True Brew kit) which was decent. I'm hoping this one will be better.

Already got another kit on deck for the next batch, Belgian Strong Golden Ale (Northern Brewer). I can't wait to taste that, but it's going to take a few months.

I only let my starter sit for about a day and a half, and I don't have a blow off tube, so hopefully it won't "pop" on me!

I just noticed I'm already getting activity in the airlock. It's only been 5 hours since I've pitched!

Back