Bottling Disaster!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jspence1

Reaction score
Hear me all and learn from my mistake. I was bottling my first batch of wine last night. My daughter came into the room and started messing with my bottles. My reaction was to throw the bottle filler into my bucket of sanitizer and remove her from the room. No big deal right, exactly what I thought and continued with my bottling. I bottle away expecting 30 bottles I continue 31,32,33,34?!?!? Why do I have so much extra? an investigation reveals that my bucket of sanitizer was above my carboy and I drained my sanitizer into it!!!! Now I have an entire batch of wine corked and ready to dump. I wish I could tell what bottles i did before I added the sanitizer. I'll mark this one up as a lesson learned.

Oof, that does bite. Hope you have something finishing soon to take your mind off having to wait.

Man, I thought I'd already stumbled on all the good ways to screw up a batch of hooch. Better luck next time.

I still tear up when I think about it. No wine anywhere near ready. Beer is kegged but is still not ready to drink. Down to my last 24 bottles of HB I need to stretch them out at least 2 weeks until the keg is drinkable. I have 10g in primary's now but its still a long way off. I'm going to try and get more wine going this weekend.

Well you can screw everyone else and limit yourself to two beers a day till you have to drink :)

Glad to hear it! Plus you can always turn to our cousin, liquor. My family's a gin family, so when I'm out of the good home made stuff, I can always turn to good ole uncle Tanq

Back