2007 Fantasy Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing worse than having a pitcher get you neg. points.....I had Todd Jones blow 2 saves this week! Really shouldnt surprise me, but he had been doing pretty good this year.

Tophe said:
Nothing worse than having a pitcher get you neg. points.....I had Todd Jones blow 2 saves this week! Really shouldnt surprise me, but he had been doing pretty good this year.

What's worse is benching your ace because he was SUPPOSED to come back off the DL mid week, but ended up being a 2-start pitcher that put up HUGE numbers.

F*$@ Rod.....Lay off a little....its only the second day and Im gettin spanked!! I think this may be nates last week!! 6 runs without a fricken out.

I have a little life left, but its not looking too good for me..... 2 of my 2 start pitchers missed their second starts, and one of them got me -9 points his first start. I need 2 saves and a nice night for Byrnes!!

Oh...sorry Ize...I was rooting against you.

Tophe said:
I have a little life left, but its not looking too good for me..... 2 of my 2 start pitchers missed their second starts, and one of them got me -9 points his first start. I need 2 saves and a nice night for Byrnes!!

Oh...sorry Ize...I was rooting against you.

Man, you were making me sweat today! I thought I was going to get burnt on the last day again with a 50 point lead. Most of my position players were off today - wtf is that all about? Don't these managers know I'm in a pennant race here!!

I'm really starting to hate the Urban Achievers! Bastards NEVER lose!

Yeah, I was just checking out the scores and stats. My two closers both won today, they just came in with a four run lead so it wasnt the save situation.....Lookin forward to takin down the Horace Clark team now.....Looks like I'll still be on top this week.

Tophe said:
Yeah, I was just checking out the scores and stats. My two closers both won today, they just came in with a four run lead so it wasnt the save situation.....Lookin forward to takin down the Horace Clark team now.....Looks like I'll still be on top this week.

Best be careful what you wish for. I'm on a roll now, 1 in a row.:rockin:

See if I can go a week without having a picture screw me! If I get at least 10 points from a starter each start Im satisfied.....its the negatives that I hate.

You know what I hate about the site we use?

I can't figure out how to rank all pitchers, or to even see year-to-date point totals for players. I'm trying to figure out if I'm better off starting a mediocre starting pitcher (Mark Buehrle) or a great relief pitcher (JJ Putz). Is there a general rule on how many starting versus relief pitchers to play at one time?

the_bird said:
You know what I hate about the site we use?

I can't figure out how to rank all pitchers, or to even see year-to-date point totals for players. I'm trying to figure out if I'm better off starting a mediocre starting pitcher (Mark Buehrle) or a great relief pitcher (JJ Putz). Is there a general rule on how many starting versus relief pitchers to play at one time?

I probably shouldn't tell you and let you figure it out for yourself, but if you go to the free agents screen, you can select the position and then switch the dropdown box at the top of the list to "all" of that position you want to see.

My opinion(and take it for what it's worth considering my record) is that middle relief pitchers don't give you the bang for your buck that starters and closers do. You get the 10 pts for a win or a save, you have to have a bunch of real good outings each week to make up for a win. I actually think loading up on closers is a good thing since you might get 3 maybe 4 save chances a week but at the most your starters will only get 2 starts a week. More oportunities to pick up points.

Ive been running 2 closers and it works pretty good for me. Theres alot more starters with potential.....To be a good closer to get saves first they need to be on a winning team so they can get save opportunities.

I almost ran all three of my closers this week.....These decisions on who to play and who to sit can get a little stressful sometimes! It really sux when you're wrong and its the difference in winning or losing that week.

Hope my tigers bats stay hot!

I almost always run two closers. I don't think I'd even consider using a relief pitcher in this league; there are WAY too many starters and closers available.

First time for everything!! Maybe Verlander can throw me another no no and I can overtake you!. You might get a W this week cheese!

Horace Clark had a little of my luck from last week having a pitcher go on the dl at the end of the week.

Hmmm... RD, this could be an ugly Sunday. :D

HOWEVER.... :off:

Your AV of The Banana Splits brought back fond memories from watching them on channel 32 so I downloaded the theme song for the kids and now it's all I hear with them singing it... :drunk: I had no idea it was Sid and Marty Krofft's first show and one of the first for Hanna/Barbera... I used to love those furry hippie freaks....

Tra-la-la, tra-la-la-la. Tra-la-la, tra-la-la-la.....

:rockin:

Ize

I'm making up for that penalty week with this week's numbers.

Woo Hoo! I'm 70 points higher than the next place person!!!

:rockin: Good effort Cheese......just wasnt enough for you. Your hits just helped my pitcher get the win.

Ize said:
Hmmm... RD, this could be an ugly Sunday. :D

HOWEVER.... :off:

Your AV of The Banana Splits brought back fond memories from watching them on channel 32 so I downloaded the theme song for the kids and now it's all I hear with them singing it... :drunk: I had no idea it was Sid and Marty Krofft's first show and one of the first for Hanna/Barbera... I used to love those furry hippie freaks....

Tra-la-la, tra-la-la-la. Tra-la-la, tra-la-la-la.....

:rockin:

Ize

Where are you DL'ing songs these days - my kids would probably like to hear that one too.

Hey Rod.....I was reading through the thread and forgot about this!!! My tig's arent back on top yet...but they are on top of those Sox quite a bit!

rdwj said:
Woo-hoo! We're full!

Plus, it will be nice to have a Tiger fan to beat on while my White Sox regain their rightful place on top of the AL Central

American League Central
Team W L Pct. GB Home Road East Cent. West L10 Strk

Cleveland 40 28 .588 - 22-10 18-18 10-9 17-7 7-6 4-6 W 1

Detroit 39 29 .574 1 18-14 21-15 10-9 14-12 7-4 6-4 W 1

Minnesota 34 33 .507 5½ 20-18 14-15 10-9 10-14 7-5 6-4 W 1

Chi. White Sox 28 37 .431 10½ 14-16 14-21 5-8 11-12 9-8 2-8 L 1

Kansas City 28 42 .400 13 15-24 13-18 4-12 9-16 7-10 6-4 W 1

Cheese N Ize head to head... I have a feeling with the roll you've been on bro, I'm a dead man this week.... specially with my team being a damn wreck....

Ize

Tophe said:
Hey Rod.....I was reading through the thread and forgot about this!!! My tig's arent back on top yet...but they are on top of those Sox quite a bit!

American League Central
Team W L Pct. GB Home Road East Cent. West L10 Strk

Cleveland 40 28 .588 - 22-10 18-18 10-9 17-7 7-6 4-6 W 1

Detroit 39 29 .574 1 18-14 21-15 10-9 14-12 7-4 6-4 W 1

Minnesota 34 33 .507 5½ 20-18 14-15 10-9 10-14 7-5 6-4 W 1

Chi. White Sox 28 37 .431 10½ 14-16 14-21 5-8 11-12 9-8 2-8 L 1

Kansas City 28 42 .400 13 15-24 13-18 4-12 9-16 7-10 6-4 W 1

Ya, ya - kick a man when he's down. At least the Pale Ale Hose give me something to cheer about

Tophe said:
Do you think they should fire Guillen?

No! Not a chance! Guillen is a great manager and guys love to play for him. The problems this year are injuries, guys getting old a pen that isn't getting anyone out. I don't care who you put on the bench, no manager can overcome those issues.

The hitting coach is another story. There is no reason that the talent on this team should be at the bottom on the league in hitting. The Sox O has been WAY to prone to slumps under his care. He needs to go!!

Yeah, usually when a team with talent is doing poorly like they are , someone is usually going to get fired. I dont follow the sox staff much. I like hearing Guillens comments on thing....He always says exactly what is on his mind....can be rather amusing sometimes.....

Got another month before they meet the tigers again. Cleveland is in the race this year. Make sure you guys beat up on them when you play them.

Yeeeessss!

Pale Ale Hose just mere hours away from regaining the top spot in the West thanks to a nice week from The Horace Clarke tribute team.

A tip of my cap to you gentlemen!!

Darn, Big Unit to the DL - that's gonna cost me two starts. Doesn't look good for me this week Ize. Hopefully Hops can hold off the Achievers for me.

Im doing my best!! Just got back from a 5 day vacation and was happy to see my score! You're suppose to be keeping Ize back away from me though!

Break time... Interesting first half to say the least... After so many sucka$$ ones, I'll take this week and run with it tho TYVM. :D

Question tho. Has anyone heard from Fiery Sword? Not a peep in ages and his last activity on the boards according to his profile was May 2nd..... :confused:

Ize

Ize said:
Question tho. Has anyone heard from Fiery Sword? Not a peep in ages and his last activity on the boards according to his profile was May 2nd..... :confused:

Ize

That's not good.

I pm'd him, and zippo...

It's things like this when someone just falls off the face of HBT that I wonder if someone has slipped this mortal plane and we don't know about it...

Or I drink and think too much...

More than likely (and hopefully :eek: ) the second. :drunk:

Ize

Its kind of odd....wasnt he the one who started the league.....I hope he is okay.

On a side note....I hate losing by 5 points! So many little things I could have done to win.....got another 2b for the week....different starting pitcher....Now I have to share the top for a week!

A couple of his friends have teams in the league too, so I'm sure we would have heard something if he was down for the count

Back