Old Newbie from Denver

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ViperDriver

Reaction score
Retired military pilot, older than dirt. Love homebrewing, motorcycling, hiking/camping, and travel.

Homebrewing about a year, mostly IPAs. No disasters but nothing to brag about yet.

Just moved to partial mash and created my first recipe, Viennese IPA, made with 60% Vienna malt + 28% pale extract + 8% CaraMunich II + 4% Crystal 80 with Centennial, Cascade, and Tettnang hops. Almost ready to bottle, it tastes a lot like Hop Devil. Yummy!

F16. Always been my dream to fly in one. That's gotta be an experience.

Yup, I'm the luckiest SOB on the planet. Flew fighters for 25 years and lived to tell about it. Thanks, taxpayer!

Okay, enough of that. Let's talk beer.

Highlands Ranch? Nice I'm in Centennial - welcome neighbor

Are you a member of one of the local brew clubs? I need to get involved in one of them. The Rockyard in Castle Rock is my "home pub" so I'm tempted to join the Rock Hoppers, but Mile High Monks and Foam on the Range are a bunch closer.

I am in Castle Rock and am a member of the Hoppers... I am new to serious brewing, but have been part of the hobby for 10 years or so... I am also new to the forum here. There seems to be lots of helpful people no matter where you to. I have a 2002 Shadow Ace, but don't ride too much anymore... Thinking of trading it in for a jeep to beat around the trails on!

Hey Viper and all the other Colorado neighbors,
I have just joined as well and just started my first brew ever here in Centennial.

Got 6lb of extra-lite liquid malt and some specialty grains:
Chocolate, Munich, Biscuit, Cristal (20L and 40L)
Willimette hops and fermenting with an American Ale
.... keeping my fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back