Just Bottled Sam Smith Clone- 1st Apfelwein batch goes down in the next 1hr

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BearsWickedBrew

Reaction score
My 5gal better bottle is sitting in the tub with StarSan- I just go thru bottling 47 bottles of Sam Smith Winter Welcome. The past week or so I read up on the apfelwein thread..went grocery shopping on sunday & saw an all natural pastuerized apple juice on sale...said why the hell not...picked up 2lbs corn sugar...and some montrachet. Im ready to go....Ive only used my BB for a seocndary in the past...so I dont have a wine thief...or even a turkey baster...so Im thinking of using my auto-siphon :cross: in order to get a gravity sample. I am pumped! 5 gallons of 8.5% ABV for 20 bux woo-hoo!

My 5gal better bottle is sitting in the tub with StarSan- I just go thru bottling 47 bottles of Sam Smith Winter Welcome. The past week or so I read up on the apfelwein thread..went grocery shopping on sunday & saw an all natural pastuerized apple juice on sale...said why the hell not...picked up 2lbs corn sugar...and some montrachet. Im ready to go....Ive only used my BB for a seocndary in the past...so I dont have a wine thief...or even a turkey baster...so Im thinking of using my auto-siphon :cross: in order to get a gravity sample. I am pumped! 5 gallons of 8.5% ABV for 20 bux woo-hoo!

Auto siphon will work much like the thief. Just pull the siphon out, sanitize it (Inside and Out), stick it in the top of you BB and jerk it up and down a few times and you will have a good sample.

Wait...something just doesn't sound right about all that...:confused::D

Back