Bottle Question:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish4666

Reaction score
I'm going to have to bottle about 10.5 gallons of beer with in the next two weeks. I'm wondering about bottling options. I was wondering what people recommend? I was planning on doing about 3 cases worth of 12oz bottles. I was wondering what a good source for bottles would be? I was thinking about 750ml bottles, anyone have a good source for them?

-R

I buy swappa crates, it's a cheap way of getting bottles.

Might check out the local halls that rent out to weddings. They go through a lot of champagne and should be able to fill your 750ml bottle needs. Might have some good 12 oz. bottles too. Be prepared to offer the deposit value so they aren't out any money for their kindness. I've never had trouble finding bottles just be putting out the word to my beer drinking friends but be prepared to give some back filled with tasty homebrew.

This is why its great to have friends who do the recycling from my town. i got 250+ brown 12 oz bottles sitting in my garage that i didn't pay a penny for. just a good cleaning and de-labeling and they are good to go. if shipping wasn't killer i would ship them to ya.

I've bought all the bottles I used full of beer! The 22oz bombers are nice because it cuts the work in half. Those beers are much more expensive though...

Swappa Crates are in New Zealand, it's a Kiwi thing. Kind of like growlers's here in the U.S., where they are much cheaper to fill after you have the bottle. Difference is they are using cases of 40oz. bottles.

I didn't think they could top Flight of the Conchords in terms of awesome, but they manage to amaze

Back