Wild Hibernian and Leviathan!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GloHoppa

Reaction score
A little insider info from the new Visitor Center Manager at Harpoon's Boston Brewery...

Wild Hibernian: If you have tried hibernian before, or a saison, or a lambic, then check this out! We just threw it on tap today. Long story short it is a standard brew of hibernian (read on harpoonbrewery.com its our seasonal irish red) thats been in some bourbon barrels purposely "contaminated" with brettanomyces.

Quick assessment of the brew: The aroma of a saison (horseblanket), the initial tartness of a lambic, then the wild cherry/mellow body and flavor that goes between the standard brett infection and the hibernian. One of the most complex brews from harpoon I have ever tried. Really a big hand to our brewers on this one...:mug:

Leviathan: Anyone who has signed up for our membership rewards program (Friends of Harpoon) just got an email about it. We will be launching a new product line called Leviathan. Just like the beast, all the beers in this line will be big! Our first is one we featured in our 100 Barrel Series called Triticus. Its a wheat wine topping out around 14% ABV! I have yet to try Triticus, however, the next one in the Leviathan lineup will be our Imperial IPA. We will tap our last log of it tomorrow. This batch is 8.5% ABV and hopped with Centennial, Amarillo, and Simcoe. Beautiful grapefruit nose with a wonderful balance finishing with a warming alcohol that lets you know the wrath of this leviathan. When we release this commercially, our head brewer said it will probably be bigger...around 9.5%:mug::tank:

I really thing anyone reading this in the Boston area should come down and try these out!

Cheers guys!

Back