Etched glassware for Oktoberfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nostalgia

Reaction score
We've been having an Oktoberfest party at our house since 2004. Being the Fishers, we have an "Oktoberfish" party. We try to have a different style glass for each year. We give out the glasses to the first 20-25 guests who show up. We managed to save one for ourselves for every year except 2005 somehow. On to the pictures! Excuse the glare. I'm still learning how to properly use my new photo tent.

oktoberfish_2004.jpg

oktoberfish_2006.jpg

oktoberfish_2007.jpg

oktoberfish_2008.jpg

-Joe

And of course, we needed one for our new brewing logo! This is a test piece done with some glassware we found in the basement. New ones will be done with a bigger logo at some point.

manskirt_glass1.jpg

manskirt_glass2.jpg

-Joe

Very nice. My wife does some etching, I was watching one day and wondering how easy that would be to apply to pint glasses, etc... Obviously even easier than I thought. Cool.

I know I am coming into this WAYYYYY late, but I'm curious how you made the stencil to do that! Looks great!

-Tripod

I know I am coming into this WAYYYYY late, but I'm curious how you made the stencil to do that! Looks great!

-Tripod
Thanks! These were professionally done. My wife came up with the design and brought it to the engraver in some digital format. I think they ran about $5/glass.

-Joe

Back