Gamma vittles vault sale free shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use these: http://www.amazon.com/Gamma-Seal-Lid-ASSORTED-COLORS/dp/B001VBALBK

They are about $7 at Home Depot and a 5 gallon bucket is $2.60.

If you look around you can get buckets cheaper or free. Soy buckets at your local Chinese restaurant. I got mine at a local dairy for $1.50

So about $8.50 each. 1 bucket holds about 1/2 a bag of grain.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the non-stackable version, but i wish i had these so it'd be easier to get the grain out when the vaults are in shelving. Good seal, keeps bugs and moisture out. I've had grain in them for 1yr+ w/o problems.

I'm vascilating between Vittle Vaults and inexpensive plastic buckets with Gamma lids. I noticed that Costco has the Gamma lids, too:

12-pack Gamma™ Seal Lids with 40 500 cc O2 Absorbers

I use these: http://www.amazon.com/Gamma-Seal-Lid-ASSORTED-COLORS/dp/B001VBALBK

They are about $7 at Home Depot and a 5 gallon bucket is $2.60.

If you look around you can get buckets cheaper or free. Soy buckets at your local Chinese restaurant. I got mine at a local dairy for $1.50

So about $8.50 each. 1 bucket holds about 1/2 a bag of grain.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are peoples thoughts on keeping multiple bags of different unmilled specialty grains in a bigger one?

Is that a terrible idea? I'm buying some for my bulk base but trying to cheap out on the specialty grain storage.

Before u pull the trigger on these do yourself a favor and check out craigslist for barrels I found a guy who recycles for a living and got a bunch of barrels repurposed from industry that are air tight for short dollar

If you're in southern California, they still have a few of the 60# stackables left at Costco in Tustin. They were $26.99 ($29.15 after tax). After getting my six last night, they should still have eleven left there (only one was left on the display, but the others were probably in the back). Luckily all six fit in my '07 Mustang convertible. Also, there were six or seven at the Compton Costco. It's Costco item number 494989.

Back