Multi-colored hefe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisdelay

Reaction score
I brewed my first hefe on Saturday, and everything seemed fine when I left early this morning for work. I was in heaven on Sunday as I watched the yeast tumble and swirl in a beautiful dance. I praised her as she burped, and even went so far as to clean up the spit-up she did. Ahhh, youngins. They're so precious, and they grow up so quickly. I never expected to come home to a nightmare.

I opened the door as I came home and called out to my darling, to let her know I was home. I checked on her progress and was devastated.

I'm not a racist. I love everyone...but my beautiful tan lady was suddenly....HALF DARK!#%

Why? Why did my baby have to change? I loved her just like she was...but here she was, flaunting her darker upper half as if I wouldn't notice. She could have had her LCD strip pierced and it would have been less shocking.

Like I wouldn't notice. The sheer gal of it all.

Is this normal for a hefe to "seperate" out? It's not a SUPER big difference...but it's a notable change in the top....uhh....5/8ths of the carboy.

dunno... but I had to respond.. sweet post!
Are you by chance brewing a nice dark porter nearby?
The nerve...
I've got a hef on deck, so I'd like to know what to expect.

I think the answer to pretty much all of these strange beer behavior questions is to just wait and see:D

And RDWHAHB and all that:mug:

mr_stimey said:
It is more than likely done fermenting and now the yeast is starting to drop out of suspension.

Less particles for the light to reflect off so therefore it looks darker... trust me when its bottled and poured it'll look as beautiful as the day she was born.... Optical Illusion...

Back