kegerator outdoors?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larstram

Reaction score
I am planning a kegerator build and plan on putting it outside in a covered patio area. My concern is the taps possibaly freezing. Seams to me that forward sealing taps would be more prone to freezing because more beer would be exposed to the weather. Is an outside unit even doable? I live in ne tenn.
Any thoughts? Thanks for your help

freeezing? are you freaking serious? it doesn't get cold enough in tenn. to freeze the dang taps! they are filled with alcohol after all. most beers at 4% and better will be fine to around 25 or so and colder still as long as its not an extended period. i take cans on the ice all winter and the only time we have a problem is when its 20 or less(this is bmc to).

Yes I am serious, just not as informed as you. I did not know the freezing temperature of beer. I live in the mountains(you would probably call them hills) It does get in the teens pretty regular and even single digits occationaly.
Thanks for your help.

i have my keezer outside .. but I'm in texas, so the faucets just sweat cuz of the heat.

Freezing can damage your taps. Your best bet is to wrap a "anti-freeze" pipe heater tape around them. One should be plenty for 3-4 taps.

Latest posts

Back