Siphon Sprayer for Fly Sparging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noisy123

Reaction score
I am looking for a cheap quick bombproof method of having the option of fly sparging in my MLT. I noticed that NB includes a siphon sprayer with their deluxe all grain system.
All Grain System
Will a siphon sprayer, which I already have, work for a sparge arm?

Thanks.

The sprayer will replace a more traditional sparge arm.

Ahhh, a response from the master of DIY. :D Perfect. Will the flow rates typically used for fly sparging (say using a 3/8" barb) be sufficient to get any benefit from the sprayer? I have never done an all grain batch and I am getting my equipment together. Thanks for your help.

I have no idea what kind of pressure you need to get the sprayer to work. However, a few simple trials with cold water will yield all the data you need. Shoot for a max rate of about one pint per minute.

The spraying aspect isn't important, all that you need to worry about is that your sparge water is added to the tun in a way that disturbs your grain bed as little as possible. You could do it with a plain hose and a floating plastic plate if you like. :)

So yes, it will work just fine.

Back