Basement Mold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bahaga

Reaction score
I posted a few days ago about a pretty nice sized space in my basement to brew in. As I cleaned the room I notice the one corner (the was is drywalled) has what looks like mold coming up about 8 inches from the bottom of the drywall. It stays relatively dry in there I imagine it's from old water damage that has been fixed for over a year. My question is would it cause a problem to hold fermenters and wrack to secondary and bottle down there? Thanks

I posted a few days ago about a pretty nice sized space in my basement to brew in. As I cleaned the room I notice the one corner (the was is drywalled) has what looks like mold coming up about 8 inches from the bottom of the drywall. It stays relatively dry in there I imagine it's from old water damage that has been fixed for over a year. My question is would it cause a problem to hold fermenters and wrack to secondary and bottle down there? Thanks
Hi. I think the short answer is no. If you're worried, you could spray down the affected area with a bleach solution, thereby killing any mold and/or spores. As long as you practice good sanitation techniques, I don't think you have cause for worry. Ed
:mug:

Latest posts

Back