Black gold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
Anyone watching this show? Pretty cool, most of it is based right by my hometown and I actually have met on of the guys on the show (used to work on a few of my dad's rigs). I will say this, it is cleaned up a lot, compared to what goes on at most rigs.

I watched it last week when my wife was stuck in the Hospital. I loved deadliest catch so I knew this would be pretty entertaining. Its much more one-dimensional though compared to the DC. I mean.. they drill a hole, drink, fight and do it again. The DC had much more crap going on.

I watched it last week when my wife was stuck in the Hospital. I loved deadliest catch so I knew this would be pretty entertaining. Its much more one-dimensional though compared to the DC. I mean.. they drill a hole, drink, fight and do it again. The DC had much more crap going on.

That about sums up life out in the oil field. I was really surprised they used Big Dog drilling, they are known for killing people and most people working for them have been run of other rigs because of negligence and drug use.. That is also the nicest big dog rig I have ever seen.

I was really surprised they used Big Dog drilling, they are known for killing people and most people working for them have been run of other rigs because of negligence and drug use..

That's probably the main reason they used Big Dog, the producers thought that using them would guarantee some **** hitting the fan and make the show more interesting

That about sums up life out in the oil field. I was really surprised they used Big Dog drilling, they are known for killing people and most people working for them have been run of other rigs because of negligence and drug use.. That is also the nicest big dog rig I have ever seen.

Well I figured as much, I mean they are stuck in one spot for months on end.... drilling. Tons of respect though, that looks like a helluva job. Expecially dealing with those guys. I would of thought by now with OSHA and all the regulations it would be much less hands on and more automated.

That's probably the main reason they used Big Dog, the producers thought that using them would guarantee some **** hitting the fan and make the show more interesting

Very true.

Well I figured as much, I mean they are stuck in one spot for months on end.... drilling. Tons of respect though, that looks like a helluva job. Expecially dealing with those guys. I would of thought by now with OSHA and all the regulations it would be much less hands on and more automated.

Yeah, its funny you really don't ever hear about OSHA giving them hell, cause most of the time they are breaking tons of rules. Some Rigs are pretty well automated, but they are very expensive to run, and hard to get a hold of for smaller company's. With oil the way it is right now, some company's are having hell just to find a rig to use.

Very true.

Yeah, its funny you really don't ever hear about OSHA giving them hell, cause most of the time they are breaking tons of rules. Some Rigs are pretty well automated, but they are very expensive to run, and hard to get a hold of for smaller company's. With oil the way it is right now, some company's are having hell just to find a rig to use.

Considering some of the stupid crap OSHA has caught my fam's company on its a wonder how they can run these rigs like cowboys. We got in trouble for a material tumbling machine not having anti skid tap in front of it. lol

Back