Son of Fermentation Chamber - Parts Question (Electrical)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anonguest

Reaction score
Hey all, first post here. Been following the forums for over a month now and have gained invaluable insight into my new hobby. FWIW Thanks to anyone who stumbles across this.

My question is one for anyone who has the talent of an electrician and/or has built the Son of Fermentation Chamber.

Would these two products be compatible with one another for this project? Best I can tell it would be fine but I think its worth a second opinion.

12V 3" DC Fan

12V AC to DC Adapter

Close, the fan runs on 12VDC and draws 250 milliamps or .25 amps. The power supply is 12VDC and supplies .2 amps. I would look for a little bigger supply if you can find one. That one may work, but it would work hard and run hot, look for a 500mA or .5 amp, shouldn't be much more money

Got an old cell phone charger? Usually those things can push between 1/2 to 1 amp. They usually have the voltage and amperage ratings on the converter.

Thanks much. This all makes sense. I was able to find a 500mA power supply in a box of old stuff. Now if I only had a spare fan lying around that would get things going even quicker.

I appreciate your help on this.

Thanks much. This all makes sense. I was able to find a 500mA power supply in a box of old stuff. Now if I only had a spare fan lying around that would get things going even quicker.

I appreciate your help on this.

Got an old computer by an chance?

Got an old computer by an chance?

Nah, but I know where you're going. Since venturing into the world of laptops the best I'd be able to find is a 1" fan... although stringing together 8-10 of those could be quite interesting!

I have a spare fan and power supply if you want it.

I do appreciate the offer, I was able to find a rather inexpensive fan on Amazon that did the trick. Jameco was doing a minimum $10 order so I found a different route.

Thanks everyone for your help. Love this place.

Back